EMERGENCY / NON-EMERGENCY RESOURCES
FOR ALL EMERGENCIES, CALL 911
In the event of a fire, activate the building’s fire alarm system BEFORE calling 911.
Evacuate the building immediately! (see Fire Evacuation section)
When calling 911:
- Stay on the line with the dispatcher.
- Provide the address of the building involved and your exact location. This is especially critical if you are calling from a cell phone.
- Provide a thorough description of the incident to ensure that proper resources are dispatched.
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so.
Emergency Telephone System (ETS): Over 250 ETS boxes are located at almost every street intersection and other strategic locations on the Purdue campus. The ETS boxes are yellow or black, have a blue light on top and are marked "EMERGENCY" or "911."
For emergencies, use the Emergency Telephone System in the following manner:
- Open the door and/or
- Push the button
- In a few seconds, Purdue Dispatch Center personnel will answer and send help.
|Purdue Police: (765) 494-8221
|Safe Walk Program: (765) 494-SAFE (7233)|
|Purdue Fire: (765) 494-6919
|Physical Facilities Work Request Center: (765) 494-9999
|Radiological & Environmental Management: (765) 494-6371
|Purdue Student Health Center (PUSH): (765) 494-1700
|Emergency Preparedness & Planning: (765) 494-0446
|Counseling & Psychological Services: (765) 494-6995
|Disaster Recovery Call-in: (765) 494-2000
||Employee Assistance: (765) 494-7707