Bravo Guidance and Form
Section 1 - Nominee Information
- When nominating someone for a Bravo Award, the nominator should do the following:
- Initiate and complete all of Section 1 Nominee Information on the Bravo Award Form
- The name of the nominator should be typed in the name, title and date section
- Please note forms should only be submitted that are designated for the $500, $750 or $1,000 amounts. No forms designated for $250 will be processed.
- Please ensure the category selected is correct. Please ensure the description matches the category and explains in full detail the reason for the nomination. Categories include: Moving the University Forward, Operational Excellence, Innovation/Creativity or Fiscal Stewardship. Descriptions of these four categories include the following:
- Moving the University Forward: Accomplishments or contributions that transform or advance University objectives (e.g. initiatives that improve graduation rates, development of programs to measure student academic knowledge, enhancing the academic excellence of the University, improving student affordability, etc.)
- Operational Excellence: Extraordinary effort during times of critical department need (e.g. contribution that clearly and significantly exceeds standard job requirements and impacts the accomplishments of important and critical business operational goals and deliverables or extraordinary performance that far exceeds expected or required performance. Managers must be able to document specific achievements and/or measurable contributions to the unit’s business based upon the employee’s exceptional performance).
- Innovation/Creativity: Innovative work or suggestions, well beyond standard job requirements, that significantly improve operational efficiencies, introduce a new or modified business practice or improve work process, workflow or customer service.
- Fiscal Stewardship: Significant cost saving or cost avoidance realized beyond normally expected or established standards.
- Save completed form to computer after completion
- All Physical Facilities/Facilities Operations nominations should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the approval process.
- All other Bravo nominations should be forwarded to the Bravo nominee’s supervisor. If you do not know the nominee’s supervisor, this information can be found in the SuccessFactors organizational chart.
Section 2 and 3 - Nominee’s Eligibility Verification and Unit Approval
- When the Bravo form is received, supervisor verifies nominee’s eligibility by electronically signing Section 2 Nominee Eligibility Verification. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Employee has at least 3 months of service
- Employee has no outstanding disciplinary actions
- Employee must be in active employment status at time award is paid out
- Employee can not receive more than two bravo awards per fiscal year
- Supervisor then completes Section 3 Unit Approval
- Electronically signs and indicates nominee’s proposed award amount
- Saves approved form to computer after completion
- Lastly, supervisor emails unit approved nomination form to appropriate senior director for Final Unit Approval including Award Amount.
Section 4 - Final Unit Approval
- Senior director receives the form and approves Bravo Award by completing Section 4 - Final Unit Approval.
- Electronically signs and approves the nominee’s final award amount to be given
- Saves approved form to their computer
- Senior director emails approved form to email@example.com for processing.
- If the form is not approved by the senior director, it is returned to the supervisor.
Section 5 - Business Office/Payroll
- The Administrative Operations Business Office completes Section 5 for processing through payroll.
- An email will be sent to the supervisor and senior director announcing the award and pay date.
Invitations to the recognition event will be sent out two weeks before the Bravo Award Recognition via Outlook calendar request.
For assistance with completion of the form, please utlitize the Adobe signature setup at https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/using/sign-pdfs.html.
Bravo Award Recognition/Submission Deadlines
- October 5, 2021 (deadline for submission is September 14, 2021)
- January 18, 2022 (deadline for submission is December 9, 2021)
- April 5, 2022 (deadline for submission is March 18, 2022)
- July 13, 2022 (deadline for submission is June 11, 2022)