February 28, 2017
Diversity and Inclusion forum set for March 9
The Office of the Provost is sponsoring a forum titled "Moving to the 'Inclusion' of Diversity and Inclusion" for faculty, staff and students and community members 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. March 9 in the Purdue Memorial Union North Ballroom.
"This forum will be an excellent way for our faculty, staff and students to work with industry and the community to identify the opportunities and challenges associated with diversity and inclusion," says Deba Dutta, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs and diversity.
The one-day forum will provide an opportunity for representatives from companies to engage with Purdue administrators, faculty and staff to:
* Highlight the importance of the inclusion part of diversity and inclusion.
* Identify reasons that diversity and inclusion is critical for the success of organizations.
* Identify how success related to diversity and inclusion is evaluated and measured.
* Identify factors that are key to successfully advancing diversity and inclusion.
* Gather millennial insight on diversity and inclusion -- in contrast to historical approach.
* Identify programs, at Purdue and in partnership with industry and the community, that can be implemented to enhance diversity and inclusion for a win-win for Purdue, industry and the community.
* Learn of the successes and insights from work of the Diversity Transformation Awards and share insights to benefit all projects.
Businesses involved include Accenture, General Electric and PepsiCo.
There will be two question-and-answer sessions, one featuring the companies above and the other featuring Purdue faculty and staff.
There also will be presentations by the DTA principal investigators to highlight the progress and results of their projects. To attend the forum, please register by March 6 at https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0Jld9q6cHaFqBUx.
For more information, contact Joan Fulton, provost fellow for diversity and inclusion, at email@example.com.