Student Organization Transportation Requests

Student organizations need to have travel approved by the Business Office of Student Organizations (BOSO) and the Student Activities Office (SAO).

To begin the process, the students must complete an Event Planning Form (EPF) via BoilerLink two weeks prior to the event date.  Once Purdue Transportation Service has received notification that the form has been submitted, we will complete estimates and comment on the EPF regarding details of the reservation.

*Please note that when renting a vehicle, there may be telematics in the vehicle that monitors its use.  Please contact our office with any questions at (765) 494-2114.

Regarding Cars/Vans:

If not using personal vehicles, student organizations are required to use Purdue Transportation as means for travel.  Two Risk Management-approved drivers are required for each car or van, but more are recommended on longer trips. The RM01 and USA General or State-specific Release Form must be submitted to BOSO five business days prior to departure for processing. If vans are required, the drivers must watch the van training video then take the quiz that follows.  SAO and BOSO can help with these requirements if you have questions.

You can find the forms and the training video on the Risk Management website.

In order to reserve vehicles, your group will need to submit a Boilerlink submission for your event and list the type and number of vehicles you would like and the date and time you would like to pick them up.  Transportation will provide an estimate based on your request and availability.  If you would like to look over the prices, please find them HERE.

If you have any questions, please contact us at: 

Transportation Service

765-494-2114 (Phone)

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Transportation Service

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Transportation Service at