50th Anniversary of Title IX
Title IX Distinguished Service Awards
Nominations sought for Title IX service award
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the enactment of Title IX, nominations are solicited to recognize and honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the advancement of gender equity in education. The recipient of this award shall demonstrate sustained accomplishments in one or more of the following:
- Maximizing institutional and/or societal resources to broaden access and opportunity to women in higher education.
- Expanding the range and quality of the female undergraduate or graduate student experience at Purdue University.
- Contributing to the achievement of gender equity at all levels of the academic community.
- Contributing to the advancement of women in intercollegiate athletics.
- Providing local and/or national leadership on issues related to gender equity in education at all levels.
A letter of nomination and supporting materials should be sent to email@example.com or to the Office of the Vice President for Ethics and Compliance, Ernest C. Young Hall, Room 1029, 155 S. Grant St., West Lafayette, IN 47907-1295. The deadline for nominations is August 31, 2022.
Purdue is celebrating 50 years of Title IX, with thanks to the law’s co-author, Purdue alumnus and former U.S. senator Birch Bayh. Title IX is a civil rights law that bans gender discrimination in federally funded education programs, including high school and collegiate athletic programs.