Boiler Gold Rush Team Supervisors
The Boiler Gold Rush (BGR) Team Supervisor (TS) position is a mid-level leadership role. Each Team Supervisor will be mentoring a group of Team Leaders as well as training them in leadership development and diversity inclusion. Team Supervisors will also act as liaisons between the Team Leaders and the Student Orientation Committee (SOC).
The Supervisor Application Informational Packet is available here. Physical copies are also available on the fourth floor of Krach Leadership Center.
Note: Please answer the following essay prompts in a word document before begining the online application. You will not be able to log back in to change any of your responses.
1. Why is the role of Team Supervisor for Boiler Gold Rush 2016 important to you and to Purdue University?
2. Describe an experience in which you were most challenged by the principles of FreeZone.
3. The theme for Boiler Gold Rush 2016 is Discovery. If you could go on an expedition with any famous explorer, who would you choose, where would you go, and why?
4. Scenario: During Move-in Mania, a parent is upset about the parking situation. They are complaining to you and holding up other families who are in line to move in. How do you react?
5. Based on your personal leadership style and your past experiences, what difficulties might arise for you when mentoring your Team Leaders?
6. What is your favorite book and how do its themes apply to Boiler Gold Rush?
7. An important initiative of Student Success at Purdue is integrating Boiler Gold Rush International more fully with Boiler Gold Rush. Describe how your role as a Team Supervisor can help accomplish this goal.
8. Describe a single experience that has impacted you the most during your time in college and explain why it is so significant. What have you discovered about yourself or the world around you as a result?
9. Do you have any conflicts with the Supervisor events listed below?
Individual 3-5 minute interview presentation prompt: Describe the journey you would like to take as a Team Supervisor throughout the 2015-2016 year and beyond.
Required Events for Supervisors
Team Supervisors are expected to attend the entirety of each event lsited below. Supervisors will only attend one of the two Team Leader retreats. Team Supervisors will also enroll in a 1 credit-hour leadership development class offered at various times during the Spring 2016 semester.
|Saturday - Sunday||11/21 - 11/22||Team Supervisor Retreat|
|Thursday||1/14||Team Supervisor Spring Kick-Off|
|Thursday||1/21||TS Training #1|
|Tuesday - Thursday||1/26 - 1/28||Team Leader Callouts|
|Thursday||2/4||TS Training #2|
|Wednesday||2/10||TL Interview #1|
|Saturday||2/13||TL Interview #2, #3, #4|
|Tuesday||2/16||TL Interview #5|
|Thursday||2/18||TL Interview #6|
|Saturday||2/20||TL Interview #7, #8, #9|
|Wednesday||2/24||TL Interview #10|
|Wednesday||3/23||TS Training #3|
|Saturday||4/2||TL Retreat A|
|Sunday||4/3||TL Retreat B|
|Tuesday||4/5||TS Training #4|
|Thursday||4/7||TL Training #1|
|Tuesday||4/12||TS Training #5|
|Thursday||4/14||TL Training #2|
|Tuesday||4/19||TS Training #6|
|Thursday||4/21||TL Training #3|