Skip to main content

International Research Collaborations

As a globally focused research institution, international collaborations are both common and important to Purdue’s mission. If you are embarking on a new international collaboration, the Information Export Controls/Export Control team can meet with you to learn more about the collaboration objectives and help you understand how best to handle the regulatory issues.

What to know

  • Agreements or written understanding with International institutions – If your collaborating institution requests such an agreement, please visit the International Programs website for further guidance.
    Note: faculty and staff are not authorized to sign on behalf of Purdue, even informal memoranda of understanding or letters of intent.
  • University personnel should be aware of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and how it affects payments to foreign government officials.
  • Restricted party screening – Purdue maintains a policy of not entering into formal agreements with any entity on a U.S. Government maintained restricted party list. All foreign parties to Purdue agreements are screened against these lists before the agreements are executed. If you are initiating discussions with a foreign entity and want to ensure they would not be affected by this requirement, you can visit the Federal Government’s consolidated Screening list. If you do get a matched record, you can forward that information to the Export Controls Team for further review.
  • Consider the proposed engagement and what might be involved and visit these websites for more helpful information, as appropriate:

Need Help?

Contact the Purdue Export Controls team by email at, by phone at (765) 494-6840, or in person on the 10th floor of Young Hall (155 S Grant St.).

Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 (765) 494-4600

© 2024 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Office of Research

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact Office of Research at