The Innovation Hub invests in the people and projects with the highest potential to make a discrete difference in the quality of our residential undergraduate education. The two central tenets driving the Innovation Hub are scale and transdisciplinarity.
- Scaling an innovation could mean expanding access to a larger group of students within a discipline, engaging more instructors in the practice of the innovation, or expanding beyond the innovation’s current disciplinary home to a new population of students.
- Creating transdisciplinary experiences for students could mean creating a new credential such as a badge or certificate, thoughtfully integrating course-based and experiential opportunities around grand challenge-type problems, or convening a coalition of instructors across diverse disciplines to create new programs or degrees for students.
For the current academic year, our highest priorities for investment are:
- Delivering pedagogies of engagement at scale.
- Implementing meaningful transdisciplinary, credentialed experiences for students across campus, especially those that align with the future of work, connect to national and/or Indiana priorities, or engage ‘grand challenge’-type questions such as sustainability, social responsibility, or public health.
- Achieving equity in our education enterprise, from access to opportunity to outcomes, including creating, using, and scaling culturally-responsive pedagogies.
- Integrating online learning approaches and technologies, as well as new academic innovations, into residential learning experiences.
- Creating scalable course-based experiential learning options, especially research experiences, explorations of the changing nature of work, and transdisciplinary projects.
- Building scalable technology-driven solutions to enhance the residential experience and offer new opportunities to online learners, especially AR/VR, virtual labs, and other relevant simulation experiences.