July 27, 2022
21 Boilermakers among IBJ Media’s 250 most influential Indiana leaders
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue University is well-represented in the Indianapolis Business Journal Media’s inaugural Indiana 250 list of leading state influencers. Included are top administrators and trustees, along with leading alumni who are affecting the state’s business landscape in countless ways.
Among the honorees are Purdue President Mitch Daniels, current Purdue Board of Trustees chairman Michael Berghoff, longtime trustee Lawrence “Sonny” Beck and Dr. Jerome Adams, former U.S. surgeon general and now a distinguished professor and director of Purdue’s health equity initiatives.
Other leading Boilermaker alumni include:
- Brian Bosma, partner, Kroger Gardis & Regas LLP, and former Indiana House speaker.
- Keith Busse, co-founder and director, Steel Dynamics Inc., Fort Wayne.
- James E. Dora Jr., president and CEO, General Hotels Corp., Indianapolis.
- Sue Ellspermann, president of Ivy Tech Community College.
- Larry Garatoni, founder and CEO, HQ Investments, Mishawaka.
- Ting Gootee, president and CEO, TechPoint, Indianapolis.
- Karrah Herring, chief equity, inclusion and opportunity officer, Office of Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb.
- John Lechleiter, chair emeritus, Eli Lilly and Co., Indianapolis.
- Philip Kenney, president of A. Wilhelm Construction Co., Indianapolis.
- Robert W. Martin, president of CEO of Elkhart-based Thor Industries.
- Bill Oesterle, CEO and co-founder of MakeMyMove and former Purdue trustee chair.
- Ersal Ozdemir, founder and chairman of Keystone Group, Carmel.
- David Ricks, Chair and CEO of Eli Lilly and Co., Indianapolis.
- Jennifer Rumsey, president and chief operating officer of Columbus-based Cummins Inc.
- Loretta Rush, chief justice of the Indiana Supreme Court.
- Amy Schumacher, CEO, The Heritage Group, Carmel.
- Scott Tucker, co-president, Maple Leaf Farms Inc., Warsaw.
The selection process lasted several months and included nominations and interviews. IBJ Media reporters and editors ultimately chose the honorees. The list is seen as subjective and not comprehensive.
About Purdue University
Purdue University is a top public research institution developing practical solutions to today’s toughest challenges. Ranked in each of the last four years as one of the 10 Most Innovative universities in the United States by U.S. News & World Report, Purdue delivers world-changing research and out-of-this-world discovery. Committed to hands-on and online, real-world learning, Purdue offers a transformative education to all. Committed to affordability and accessibility, Purdue has frozen tuition and most fees at 2012-13 levels, enabling more students than ever to graduate debt-free. See how Purdue never stops in the persistent pursuit of the next giant leap at https://stories.purdue.edu.
Media contact: Trevor Peters, email@example.com