February 16, 2021
Purdue resumes normal operations
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue University returned to standard operations at 5 p.m. Tuesday (Feb. 16). All employees should report for shifts as normal.
The first Reading Day of the semester will be held as scheduled on Wednesday (Feb. 17). In-person classes will resume as scheduled on Thursday (Feb. 18)
University officials continue to monitor area road conditions - and encourage employees to do the same - to be aware of any local travel restrictions that might remain in place. Those planning to travel on area roads should monitor their county travel status.
Snow removal continues on West Lafayette snow routes, and individuals requiring on-street parking are asked to avoid the following locations (vehicles remaining on these streets will be towed at the owner’s expense):
- Russell Street.
- Martin Jischke Drive.
- State Street between Martin Jischke Drive and McCutcheon Drive .
- First, Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth streets.
- Tower Drive.
- Hilltop Drive
- Ross-Ade Drive
- McCutcheon Drive.
- MacArthur Drive.
- Airport Road.
The following areas are available for temporary parking with relaxed parking enforcement:
- McCutcheon Drive Parking Garage.
- The north end of the France A. Córdova Recreational Sports Center lot (near Stadium Avenue).
- The north end of the R Lot (located north of Ross-Ade Stadium).
- Discovery Park lot (off Nimitz Drive and South Martin Jischke Drive).
Purdue officials also are working in conjunction with local and state emergency responders to provide assistance locally.
Any additional updates and the current status of parking and parking enforcement will be available on the Purdue campus emergency page.