February 7, 2018
Industry leaders to discuss supply chain risk at global conference
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue University’s Krannert School of Management will bring industry leaders to campus Feb. 23 for the spring 2018 Global Supply Chain Management Initiative (GSCMI) Conference, to be held in the Purdue Memorial Union.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Supply Chain Risk — Business Continuity Planning.” Industry leaders, faculty, undergraduate and graduate students are invited to attend.
“Supply chain risk due to weather, supplier conditions and quality issues is a key feature of global supply chains with material consequences,” says Ananth Iyer, the Susan Bulkeley Butler Chair in Operations Management and director of GSCMI. “This conference helps us learn about best practices across industries and benefits industry, students and faculty.”
The keynote speakers are:
* Tom Sanger, director of supply chain transformation, Intel.
* Maria Crowe, former president of manufacturing operations, Eli Lilly.
* Sriram (Srisu) Subrahmanyam, senior vice president of business transformation, KAR Auction Services.
* Sergio Barbarino, research fellow, Procter & Gamble; and chair, Alliance for Logistics Innovation through Collaboration in Europe.
* Cindy Farrer, vice president of global supply chain management, Allegion.
* Timothy McDonnell, director of global supply chain management and risk management, Allegion.
* John Sweeney, vice president of supply chain, Liberty Coca-Cola Beverages.
* Gary Henriott, chair, Henriott Group.
Conference registration can be completed at www.krannert.purdue.edu/centers/gscmi.
Writer: Tim Newton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Steve Dunlop, 765-494-7800