Purdue retirees honor Purdue Extension
May 21, 2015
Purdue Extension has won the 2015 Arthur G. Hansen Recognition Award for its relationship with its retirees.
The award, sponsored by the Purdue University Retirees Association and the Office of the President, will be presented June 25 to Jason Henderson, director of Purdue Extension, at the University's annual retirement banquet in Purdue Memorial Union. Purdue Extension will receive a trophy and be listed on a plaque in the corridor of the Union. The award also includes $2,500, funded by TIAA-CREF, to be used to help strengthen the department's ties to its retirees.
The award is named for Arthur Hansen, Purdue's eighth president, who established the retirees' association in 1976. The award is given annually to a Purdue school, department, office or division that cultivates and maintains meaningful relationships with its retirees.
The department was nominated for fostering retirees’ involvement the following ways:
* Providing a means of communication to help retirees stay connected with their former co-workers.
* Providing opportunities to stay connected with the University.
* Offering educational seminars dealing with subjects of interest to retirees.
* Promoting camaraderie among retirees.
* Offering a variety of social activities for retirees to bring old friends and co-workers together.
* Providing a link for support of the University when needed.