January 27, 2014
Purdue honored for United Way campaign
Purdue was recognized for its fundraising efforts for the 2013 United Way Campaign on Wednesday (Jan. 22) at the United Way of Greater Lafayette annual meeting.
During the meeting, organizations and individuals that have set the standard for charitable giving and support in the area were honored. Purdue received an Award of Merit for Best Overall Campaign for Employees 500 and up. This is the eighth year that Purdue has received this award.
Accepting the award for Purdue were:
* Allene Manning, associate director of student services and development in Krannert School of Management.
* Dan Collins, vice president of the Purdue University Retirees Association.
* Jay Akridge, the Glenn W. Sample Dean of Agriculture and vanguard chair for the community campaign.
* Brenda Wallar, director of stewardship in the University Development Office, team captain for the Purdue United Way Campaign and a member of the United Way of Greater Lafayette board.
* Anne Parks, director of the Purdue United Way Campaign.
Dale Whittaker, vice provost for undergraduate academic affairs and the 2013 Purdue UW campaign chair, said, "We are so appreciative of the Purdue staff, faculty, retirees and students who help us raise money and awareness on Purdue’s campus in support of the important human services in our area. These local programs and agencies are helping our neighbors and friends improve the important areas of education, health and income. We look forward to continued participation in the United Way campaign for years to come."
In addition, Chris Ochynski, an MBA student and Krannert Board Fellow, was named the United Way of Greater Lafayette's volunteer of the year.Writer: Hannah Harper, firstname.lastname@example.org