May 1, 2013
Spring Fling deadline approaching
Registration for Spring Fling, the annual appreciation event for faculty, staff, graduate student staff and retirees, will be accepted through 5 p.m. May 10.
Registration forms for the May 23 event at the France A. Córdova Recreational Sports Center were included in a mailing earlier this month. Attendees also can register online at www.purdue.edu/springfling.
Advance registration is required for the classic vehicle show, fitness walk, golf outing and volunteering for the event. Those wishing to register for the golf outing must call 49-43139, extension 1. Online registrations will not work for the golf event, and registration for it is limited.
All other activities including bus tours, tours of the renovated recreational sports center, Zumba, yoga, Food Finders food drive and Bloodmobile donations do not require registration.
This year's lunch will include a turkey or ham hoagie, chips, pretzels, carrots, trail mix, apples and ice cream. A vegetarian option will be offered. Water and soft drink will be available. Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
All staff can attend Spring Fling without loss of pay, vacation or personal holiday, according to University policy.
To facilitate Spring Fling attendance, Human Resources offers the following guidelines:
* Attendance is covered in "worked regular" pay status for staff attending during normally scheduled work hours.
* Temporary staff can attend as work schedules permit, but not in pay status.
* Staff scheduled on the evening or night shifts and those not normally scheduled to work May 23 are invited to attend. Adjustments to work schedules normally are not made to cover these staff members in pay status.
* Staff are not expected to return to work if one hour or less remains in their work day.
* Staff on vacation or sick leave on May 23 should remain on such status for the day. Regular pay status is not applicable for such staff.
For questions about these guidelines, contact Carrie Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 49-47397.
Carryout orders must be placed in advance
For staff members who are in restricted positions and are unable to make it to Spring Fling, there is a carryout lunch option. To place a carryout order, call 49-47166. Orders will be accepted from May 13 through 4 p.m. May 17. No walk-in orders will be accepted.
Meals will be available for quick, convenient pickup from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. May 23 at the back dock of Meredith Hall. Signs will be posted to direct those picking up carryout meals to the correct location at Meredith Hall.
Forward phone calls if out
A simple message can help the Telephone Office staff on May 23 during Spring Fling.Those who attend Spring Fling should remember to forward their phone calls to voice mail or to those who are providing phone coverage. That easy step can prevent an excess of phone calls to University operators on the day of the event.