Printing Services changes effective Monday; new file delivery option available
May 1, 2013
Changes to the Printing Services organization and functions will become effective Monday (May 6).
The department will still provide essential services to the campus community and will coordinate a full range of printing services, arranging for customers' projects to be completed by external providers when necessary.
Services that will continue to be offered or coordinated by Printing Services include the following:
* Copying, duplicating and general printing, including course packets and exams; letterhead and stationery.
* Copyright clearance services.
* Print management (arranging for customers' projects to be completed by external providers).
* Bulk and first class mail processing.
* Variable data (e.g. donor appeals).
* Secure printing for items such as payroll, tax and billing documents.
* Promotional products.
* Limited design, binding and archiving.
BoilerCopyMaker will remain open, and the Sign Shop function will become part of the Buildings and Grounds organization. Although the mechanism for requesting Sign Shop services will shift to the work order system, available services will remain unchanged. Customers may enter an RFS to the Sign Shop using SAP or they may contact the Work Request Center at 49-49999 to place an order.
In order to provide a secure mechanism for the transportation of files from customers to Printing Services, building receiving clerks in Lilly Hall, Hampton Hall of Civil Engineering, Neil Armstrong Hall and Beering Hall will be available to accept a paper copy of a print job once the customer has completed a Form 3. The building receiving clerk will notify Printing Services when they receive a document, and a courier will transport the document to Printing Services.
Questions regarding the new structure and functionality of Printing Services may be directed to the Transition Team:
* Cathy Aper -- 49-40255, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Karen Nichols -- 49-43281, email@example.com.
* Sherry Swank -- 49-63721, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers may also continue to contact the following functional areas directly for service:
* Printing Services -- 49-42006, email@example.com.
* BoilerCopyMaker -- 49-63888, firstname.lastname@example.org.* Sign Shop -- information regarding general services, 49-44904 or email@example.com; information on a specific order, 49-40234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.