Human Resources Mission, Vision, and Strategic Goals For You

Immediate Treatment Options

For work-related illnesses or injuries

Approved treatment facilities

When you need immediate treatment for a work-related illness or injury, go to an approved health care facility in your locale:

West Lafayette campus

Non-Emergency Treatment and Follow-up Care

Regional Occupational Care Center (ROCC)
(765) 446-2450
1321 Unity Pl., Suite A
Lafayette, IN.
Hours: 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.

Franciscan WorkingWell- Lafayette
(765) 502-4190
3218 Daugherty Drive, Suite 140
Lafayette, IN.
Hours: M-F 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

Use Urgent Care or Immediate Care when the above facility is closed and ONLY for the day of injury.

Follow up care should be with ROCC or as directed by the WC insurance adjuster.

Franciscan ExpressCare West Lafayette
915 Sagamore Parkway West
West Lafayette, IN.  47906
(765) 463-6262
Hours: 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Open 7 days a week
Unity Immediate care Center
1321 Unity Pl. Suite B
(765) 446-1362
Hours: 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Open 7 days a week
Closed on Christmas

Use the hospital emergency rooms if it is a TRUE emergency or if the above facilities are not open.

Emergency Care
Franciscan Health Lafayette-East
1701 South Creasy Lane
Lafayette, IN 47905
(765) 502-4000
OR IU Health Arnett
5165 McCarty Lane
Lafayette, IN 47905
(765) 838-5100

Purdue North West

Purdue Fort Wayne (PFW)

Outside of Purdue's campus areas

If you're outside Purdue's campus areas, contact your supervisor, or contact Christie at JWF at 800-359‐6659, for information about where to go for care.

Tell the health care provider to send the bill to JWF Specialty instead of to your medical insurance plan.

NOTE: Medical treatment beyond the initial visit requires approval by Purdue's worker's compensation insurance carrier, JWF Specialty. If you do not obtain pre-approval, your medical expenses may be denied, leaving you to pay the bill.

Transportation Information

When no ambulance is needed

  • If you can safely drive yourself, you may use your own vehicle to go to an approved medical provider.
  • Your supervisor or another designated person may drive you to an approved medical provider using his or her own vehicle or one owned by the University.
  • If someone drives his or her own vehicle, the driver assumes liability for any damage to the vehicle or to any other involved vehicles, if an accident occurs.

Examples of injuries that do not require an ambulance

When an ambulance is needed

  • If the situation is a medical emergency, call 911. If you are calling from a non-campus phone, let the operator know that you are on the Purdue campus. The operator either will transfer your call to the Purdue dispatcher or will call for the Purdue ambulance.
  • Whenever there is doubt about the severity of an injury, err on the side of caution and call an ambulance.

Examples of injuries or health problems that require an ambulance