At Purdue, we strive for sustainability. During Green Week, the entire Purdue community — students, faculty, staff, and locals from the Lafayette-West Lafayette area — come together to celebrate some of our campus sustainability efforts.
Each day of the week, we focus on one particular issue of sustainable living, such as energy efficiency, water management, alternative transportation, sustainable food, recycling, and community outreach.
During Green Week, you can enjoy things such as:
- Academic discussions with experts
- Fun activities celebrating the learning process, such as the Sustainability Scavenger Hunt
- Tours of key facilities, such as Purdue’s anaerobic waste digester system, or its newly renovated LEED-certified France A. Cordova Recreational Sports Center
- Campus events displaying technological marvels, such as our annual Alternative Transportation Expo
- Screenings of influential movies/documentaries
- Presentations by luminaries who continue to work tirelessly for sustainable development, such as National Geographic photographer Joel Sartore who spoke during Green Week 2014
Our efforts have also been featured in the local and regional news. We invite you to go through our program and photo archives for Purdue Green Week on this site.
Purdue Green Week is a success because of enthusiastic and dedicated Boilermakers like YOU! Participating in our programs is a great way to meet new people while making a positive difference in your campus community. And, we would love your help. To volunteer for any of our activities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or look at our getinvolved page and see the agenda there! We look forward to meeting you!