Union's 'Thanksgiving Made Easy' available for order by Nov. 20
November 9, 2015
A satisfying Thanksgiving dinner with only minimal time for gathering foods, preparing them or cleaning up is a tradition in itself thanks to Purdue Dining & Catering at Purdue Memorial Union. "Thanksgiving Made Easy" by pre-ordering is a great choice when time, talent or situation makes cooking a big meal impractical.
"Thanksgiving Made Easy," available through 10 p.m. Nov. 20 for pickup Nov. 24 or 25, offers a variety of items and quantities to fit any situation and number. Patrons can order a turkey, complete meals or a la carte items including choice among five entrees, seven side dishes, five types of breads or rolls, six sweets/desserts, two party trays, dip and cider. All hot foods are ready to heat and eat.
Some dining options:
* Complete meals are available to feed two, four or eight people, and include a choice among three pre-sliced entrees. Meals also include seven sides such as turkey gravy and dinner rolls.
* Vegetable or fruit trays are available as a light snacking option for before or after the big meal.
* The a la carte menu provides customers with a variety of choices for bringing a side to an event or for serving more dishes than kitchen space or time allows. Side dishes are all traditional favorites, including the Union's well-known "Kay's Sweet Potatoes."
* The Union Deluxe option provides the entire meal for eight to 10 people with 30 percent savings. This option includes a whole turkey, nine sides and a choice of a dessert.
* The option for increasing the quantity of orders allows for easy pre-planning for leftovers.
"Thanksgiving Made Easy" is available online at www.union.purdue.edu/SelectDining. Customers may choose their items and quantities to suit their dining needs. The site is secure and accepts payment from Discover, Mastercard, Visa, DinaCard or BC Card.
Orders will be available for pickup between 1 and 5 p.m. on Nov. 24 and from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Nov. 25 at the Oasis Cafe on the ground floor of the Union. When ordering, customers may select their preferred pickup time. Thanksgiving Day is Nov. 26.