Center for Healthy Living continuing to offer free flu shots on campus
October 19, 2015
The Center for Healthy Living is continuing to host free flu shot events at various West Lafayette campus locations through Nov. 2.
Flu shots will be provided at no charge to all benefits-eligible Purdue faculty and staff -- including those who have opted out of the Purdue medical plans -- attending these events. Spouses, same-sex domestic partners (SSDPs) and adult dependents over age 18 covered on a Purdue medical plan are also eligible to attend these events and get a flu shot at no charge. No appointment is needed at the on-campus events. Flu shots will be provided on a walk-in basis at the following times and places:
* Oct. 28 (W) -- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Córdova Recreational Sports Center, Feature Gym (east entrance to center).
* Oct. 29 (Th) -- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Lynn Hall of Veterinary Medicine, Room 1192 East & West.
* Nov. 2 (M) -- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Stewart Center, Room 218.
The Center for Healthy Living will be administering the Flucelvax, pre-filled syringe, trivalent. Those needing an alternative vaccine should see their provider.
Everyone coming for a flu shot should bring their Purdue University ID (PUID) card or their Anthem medical plan ID card.
Two additional ways to get a flu shot at no charge
Employees, spouses/SSDPs and children who are covered on a Purdue medical plan have the option of getting a free flu shot through either of the following ways:
* Go to their health care provider: All Purdue medical plans cover seasonal flu shots for covered employees and family members covered on a Purdue medical plan.
* Go to a participating retail pharmacy: Those getting a flu shot through a retail location will need to show their Anthem ID card to ensure all flu shots are billed through their Anthem medical plan.
Employees who have questions about flu shot coverage may contact Human Resources at 49-42222 or email@example.com.