Reminder: Anthem offering free identity protection services for a limited time
June 11, 2015
Human Resources is reminding Purdue faculty and staff that two types of protection services are being offered to Anthem members whose information may have been compromised in the recent cyberattack on Anthem's database: AllClear Secure and AllClear Pro.
Anthem is automatically providing free identity protection services for two years, which began in February 2015 and will run until February 2017, under AllClear Secure. While the basic AllClear Secure requires no enrollment, AllClear Pro offers additional layers of protection and requires members to take further steps to activate the services. Both levels of coverage are being provided to Anthem members at no cost for the next two years. Upon completion of the two-year period, services will end with no action required to cancel on the customer's part.
If you would like to continue services at that time, Anthem has arranged with vendor AllClear ID to continue offering the services to members who have signed up at discounted rates of $8.50 per month per adult and $3.95 per month per child.
AllClear Secure is being provided automatically, requires no enrollment and includes:
* Identity repair assistance: Includes a dedicated investigator to assist with the recovery of financial losses and restoration of credit and to ensure that identity is returned to its proper condition.
* Fraud coverage: This assistance covers any fraud that has occurred since the incident began.
If an issue occurs, call 877-263-7995.
AllClear Pro requires additional steps to activate, including providing an e-mail address and creating a four-digit PIN to set up alerts. AllClearPro offers the following protections:
* Credit monitoring: Alerts members when banks and creditors use their identity to open new credit accounts.
* Child identity protection: Offers protection for children under 18 years old by searching thousands of databases for use of the child’s information.
* Identity theft insurance: Up to $1,000,000.
* Identity theft monitoring/fraud detection: Scans data sources maintained by top security researchers that contain stolen and compromised individual data, in order to look for any indication that the members' data has been compromised.
* Phone alerts: Individuals who register for this service and provide their contact information will receive an alert when there is a notification from a credit bureau, or when it appears from identity theft monitoring activities that the individual's identity may be compromised.
To learn more about these services, or to enroll, visit Anthem's dedicated Web page at www.anthemfacts.com. Individuals also can call toll free at 877-263-7995 or TTY/TDD 800-855-2880 with questions.
Additional information, including how to place a security freeze, is also available on Anthem’s dedicated Web page.