Old Masters announced for 2014 fall program
August 26, 2014
The Purdue Old Masters Central Committee has announced that the 2014 Old Masters have been selected for the November program.
These individuals will be on campus from Nov. 2-4 and will participate in classroom talks, student organization receptions, social activities and a new convocation that will be free and open to the campus community.
The 10 individuals -- all of whom are Purdue alumni -- who have been chosen as Old Masters for the fall of 2014 are:
* Celeste Bottorff, vice president of global health and well being initiatives at Coca-Cola Company. She earned her bachelor's degree in physics in 1975.
* Scott Bracale, president of Tween Brands Agency at Tween Brands Inc. He earned his bachelor's degree in industrial management in 1983 and his master's degree in finance in 1986.
* Juan Ernesto De Bedout, former group president of Latin American operations, Kimberly-Clark Corp. He earned his bachelor's degree in 1967 in industrial engineering and his master's degree in industrial engineering in 1968.
* Cathie Kozik, CIO at Hub Group. She earned her bachelor's degree in electrical engineering in 1982.
* John Madia, executive vice president and chief human resources officer of CH2M HILL. He earned his bachelor's degree in animal science in 1978.
* Capricia Marshall, former chief of protocol of the United States. She earned her bachelor's degree in political science and international studies in 1986.
* Kevin Mayer, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, BJ's Restaurants. He earned his bachelor's degree in communications in 1991.
* Mark Polansky, former NASA astronaut. He earned his bachelor's degree and master's degree in aeronautics and astronautics in 1978.
* Tom Spurgeon, former president and CEO of Lincoln Office, chairman of Purdue's Board of Trustees. He earned his bachelor's degree in industrial management in 1961.
* Rukeyser Thompson, section head in hair care research and development at Procter & Gamble Co. She earned her doctorate in chemistry in 2002.
Marc Conner and Shelby Satterfield are the directing co-chairs of the 2014 Old Masters Program, which has been a tradition on Purdue's campus since 1950. "The campus will soon see how each of these alumni will ignite ambition on our campus in their own unique way," Conner says.
Faculty and student organizations interested in scheduling classroom talks or interactions with the Old Masters should visit www.purdueoldmasters.org to complete a classroom talk request. Students interested in being involved with the Old Masters Program as hosts or hostesses should attend the Old Masters callout at 7 p.m. Sept. 2 in Rawls Hall, Room 1086. More information about the Old Masters Program can be found at www.purdueoldmasters.org, or email inquiries may be sent to email@example.com.