OIE to offer Accessibility Summit
September 3, 2014
The Office of Institutional Equity is offering faculty and staff the opportunity to participate in the Accessibility Summit, a two-day online conference featuring some of the Web's most notable experts on accessibility. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the conference speakers.
The conference sessions will be shown from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 9 in Krannert Building, Room 661, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 10 in Potter Engineering Center, Room B050. The sessions are:
* Accessibility for UX: 10-11 a.m.
* HTML5 Accessibility: 11 a.m.-noon
* PDF Accessibility: Noon-1 p.m.
* Using Free & Low Cost Accessibility Tools: 2-3 p.m.
* Modern Accessibility for Modern Web Apps: 3-4 p.m.
* Accessibility Challenges in Complex Web Applications: 4-5 p.m.
* iOS vs. Android Accessibility: 10-11 a.m.
* iOS Accessibility: More than Just VoiceOver for the Blind: 11 a.m.-noon
* ARIA Gone Even Wilder: Noon-1 p.m.
* Developing a Web Accessible Modal Dialog: 1-2 p.m.
* Writing Great Alt Text: 2-3 p.m.
* Falling in Love with Forms: 3-4 p.m.
* Consistency in Expert Manual Accessibility Testing: 4-5 p.m.
Purdue is committed to making all programs accessible to participants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or special assistance due to a disability, contact the Office of Institutional Equity before the program begins at 49-47253 or email@example.com.