August 30, 2013
Nominations sought for Butler Leadership in Action Award
The Susan Bulkeley Butler Center for Leadership Excellence is seeking nominees for the 2013 Butler Leadership in Action Award.
This award will recognize Purdue faculty, staff, and students who have shown exemplary leadership within their respective areas of expertise. Whether it is through excellence in a particular field or demonstrable commitment to the success and development of other leaders, this award will acknowledge honorees' accomplishments and professional contributions.
There are three categories of awards, honoring a faculty member, a staff member, and a student, each of whom must show leadership with direct effect on their work and community environments.
To be eligible for the Butler Leadership in Action Award, the individual must demonstrate the following:
* Overarching commitment to launching tomorrow's leaders by showing ongoing dedication to mentoring students, colleagues, and peers to pursue excellence and fostering an atmosphere of cooperation and creativity, which contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of their peers.
* Favorable representation of their department and the University, both on and off campus.
* Skillful motivation, organization, dedication, and/or influence within their area of research, discipline, or other work.
* Ongoing commitment to engagement at the local, national, and/or global level.
* Service to the campus community as well as national service to academic and professional organizations.
Nominations may be self-made or submitted on the nominee's behalf. Nominations must include a cover letter of no more than two pages that cites the nominee's strengths, years of services, and examples of commitment to leadership. Two letters of support will be accepted. A CV/resume should be included as well.
Nomination packets must be received by the Butler Center for Leadership Excellence by Oct. 1 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.The winners will be contacted on Oct. 15 and announced publicly at an end-of-semester reception.