March 1, 2013
Purdue takes home 29 area advertising awards
Purdue claimed 29 total awards Tuesday evening (Feb. 26) during the American Advertising Federation of North Central Indiana's annual ADDY Awards presentation.
Presented in the Purdue Memorial Union Ballrooms, the awards honored creative excellence in advertising efforts during 2012. Overall, individuals, departments and organizations at Purdue won 19 silver and 10 gold awards.
Gold ADDY award winners will advance automatically to the district competition in March.
Gold award winners are:
* Hall of Music Productions for its Ross-Ade Stadium welcome message
(2 awards for outdoor board digital/animated and elements of advertising cinematography).
* Hall of Music Productions for its Purdue women's basketball "Fire-Up" (outdoor board digital/animated).
* Office of Marketing and Media for its University Showcase brochure.
* Office of Marketing and Media for its Latino Cultural Center brochure.
* Office of Marketing and Media for its College of Science graduate brochure.
* Office of Research Communications for its Center for Cancer Research annual report.
* Purdue Alumni Association for its "The World According to Frank" feature article.
* Purdue Alumni Association for its "It’s a Family Affair" (elements of advertising color photography).
* Purdue Memorial Union for its Sagamore Fall Wine Dinner poster.
The following entries received silver awards:
* Office of the Vice President for Research annual report.
* Purdue Research Foundation 2011 annual report.
* Purdue Boilermaker brochure.
* Life 360 magazine.
* Innovations magazine.
* Purdue football "Fire-Up."
* Maker campaign.
* "5 Students Who …" website.
* College of Health and Human Sciences "Happy New Year."
* Future Maker TV commercial.
* Lego Purdue Pete campaign.
* Neil Armstrong Memorial campaign.
* "Convos: Live for the Moment."
* Purdue Research Foundation 50th anniversary flash mob.
* University Residences Community Standards.
* Taste of the Union logo.
* UNITE logo.
* Boilermaker Ball illustration.
* Krannert School of Management: We Are Purdue.
In addition, Purdue Alumni Association received the People's Choice Award and Judge's Choice Award for its Boilermaker Ball illustration, and the Best of Show (print) Award for its "The World According to Frank" feature article. University Residences received the Mosaic Award for promoting diversity for its UNITE logo, and the Best of Show Electronic Award went to Hall of Music Productions for its Ross-Ade Stadium welcome message.