Independent Interdisciplinary Graduate Program
Applications to the Independent Interdisciplinary Graduate Program (I-IGP) should be submitted through the Office of Interdisciplinary Graduate Programs and will be considered by the I-IGP Admissions Committee under the direction of the Senior Associate Dean of the Graduate School.
March 1 to be considered for summer or fall entry
October 1 to be considered for spring entry
Students, who will be nominated by their graduate mentors, must have research interests that cannot be met by any existing graduate program and must meet the following qualifications:
- Be in their first or second year of study;
- Be prior to candidacy
*Note: If you are interested in learning more about your eligibility and the application process, prior to submitting an application, it is strongly recommended that you contact the Office of Interdisciplinary Graduate Programs for an appointment to discuss your interests.
Application must include:
- a thesis advisory committee that includes members from no less than two colleges
- a draft Plan of Study individualized for the student’s area of study and developed by the student in partnership with his/her thesis advisory committee
- a one to two page research plan
- transcripts from all institutions (prior and current)
- a recommendation letter from the major advisor (if co-major advisors will serve, then both advisors must provide letters of recommendation). Including recommendation letters representing no less than two colleges is highly suggested. (Note: Recommendation letters should detail the interdisciplinarity of your research and they should also address how the I-IGP will be suited to your specific plans.)
- a C.V. including presentations and publications
Once these items are submitted to the OIGP, the review timeline will be discussed with the OIGP Administration.
Application Materials should be sent to the campus or email address listed below by the appropriately selected deadline:OIGP
Young Hall, Room 170
155 South Grant Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2114
To confirm receipt of your application materials:
Contact 765-496-1016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.