All-Cause Unplanned and Preventable Readmissions Reduction
Unplanned and preventable readmissions to hospitals within 30 days after discharge are driving excessive healthcare cost for patients and providers. Reducing unplanned 30-day readmissions is an opportunity for many hospitals to improve quality of care and reduce the penalty stipulated by the Affordable Care Act.
- Determine risk-standardized 30-day unplanned readmission rate by hospital, hospital-wide and by selected specialty cohort.
- Develop a 30-day unplanned readmission prediction model for nine hospitals in NE Ohio.
- Analyze time from discharge to next admission to identify where there are high readmission rates and patients that stay out of the hospital long enough for the healthcare provider to do something about it in an outpatient setting.
- Stratify patient population to surface meaningful patient characteristics across various readmission risk sectors.
The statistical models and other analyses will be based on prior 1 to 3 year's admissions data. Data mining will be used to segment the patient population. Multilevel logistic regression will be used to establish the prediction model.
Improve quality of patient care in order to reduce unnecessary 30-day readmissions, healthcare utilizations and cost of care.
- Supporting Communities of Practice to Improve Healthcare Delivery
- Smart Infusion Pump Alert Threshold Decision Support
- System Impact Measures
- Drug Limit Library Database and Research
- Drug Limit Library Update Process
- Nursing Attitudes and Perceived Causes of IV Pump Workarounds
- Rating Healthcare
- Optimizing Ambulance Positioning to Reduce Response Time
- Clinical Analytics to Support Accountable Care Delivery
- Population Health Management Modeling to Support Accountable Care Delivery
- Transitions in Care Pilot: Evaluate the Impact of Electronic Communications
- Wellness Coaching Impact on Employee Health Outcomes
- Bundled Payments
- Improving Primary Care Delivery through Allocation of Resources
- Patient Sexual Orientation Disclosure to Medical Providers
- Communities and Universities Addressing Health Disparities (CUAHD)
- Gestonurse: A Robotic Surgical Nurse for Handling Surgical Instruments in the Operating Room
- See-What-I-Do: Increasing Mentor and Trainee Sense of Co-Presence in Trauma Surgeries with the STAR Platform
- Hospital Readmissions
- All-Cause Unplanned and Preventable Readmissions Reduction
- Readmissions: Hospital 30-Day Non-Index Readmission Risk Measure and Analysis