Installing a Purdue Certificate
Installing your Purdue certificate in your web browser is a straightforward process:
- Place your key and certificate floppy disk in your computer.
Launch the appropriate security program.
- Under Internet Explorer, the option is under Tools...Internet Options...Content...Certificates
- Under Netscape Communicator, click on the Security Button and select "Yours" under Certificates.
Select "Import" to install your Purdue Certificate into the certificate database used by the browser.
- When prompted for the file, browse the contents of your floppy and select the file with a ".p12" extension.
- When prompted for a pass phrase protecting the key and certificate file, enter the pass phrase that accompanied your floppy disk.
- If asked, mark the private key as exportable; this step will allow you to back up your personal certificate.
- Click OK to complete the import procedure.
- Installing Your Certificate in Internet Explorer
- Enabling certificate revocation checking in Internet Explorer
- Installing Your Certificate in Netscape Communicator