Change of Non-Immigrant Status

There are two methods that can be used to your non-immigrant change status:

Within the U.S.
Certain non-immigrants can change to another status within the U.S. Applications are submitted to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS formerly INS). Please see an ISS Immigration Counselor for details on eligibility and the application process.

Outside the U.S.
Application is made for a new visa for the new status at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Please see an ISS Immigration Counselor for details.

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by International Students and Scholars

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact International Students and Scholars