Welcome to the University Policy Office
This website is the definitive source for the most current Purdue University system-wide policies. Policies duplicated on other websites or in print may not be the most current version.
Policies are organized into eight volumes, which are listed in the gray navigation bar above. Use the Find a Policy page for additional help in locating a policy. The current policy numbering scheme took effect November 2011; a crossover grid is available to show the change in policy numbers prior to and after this reorganization.
Each of the four campuses maintains additional administrative policies specific to their needs and structure. Individual colleges, schools and departments may adopt distinct practices, standards or guidelines, all of which must be consistent with these system-wide policies. The Helpful Links page provides a list of where this additional information may be found. Academic regulations are generally not included on this website and can be found either on the Student Regulations website or by contacting the Office of the Provost.
New and Recently Revised Policies
- 4/01/14 - Formulation and Issuance of Policies (V.C.1)
- 3/01/14 - Anti-Harassment (III.C.1)
- 2/01/14 - Volunteers (VI.B.2)
- 2/01/14 - Faculty Grievances (I.B.1)
- 12/13/13 - Payment Card Acceptance, Security and Governance, Interim (S-1)
Recently Withdrawn Policies
These policies can be found in the Purdue Policy e-Archives.
- 1/31/14 - Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (C-11)
- 11/1/13 - Academically Non-Autonomous Campuses (C-50)
- 11/1/13 - Budgeting Campaign Expenses (II.B.1)
- 11/1/13 - Hiring Rates and End of Provisional Period Rates (VPBS 167 Addendum)
- 11/1/13 - Holiday Pay during Layoff Period (VPBS 151 and 151 Addendum)