Free flu shots on campus begin next week
October 8, 2015
The Center for Healthy Living is hosting flu shot events at various West Lafayette campus locations during October and November. Flu shots will be provided on a walk-in basis at the following times and places. Appointments are not needed. Those attending only need to bring their Purdue ID or Anthem medical plan ID card.
* Oct. 13 (Tu) -- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Birck Nanotechnology Center, Room 1001.
* Oct. 14 (W) -- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Stewart Center, Room 214 AB.
* Oct. 15 (Th) -- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Stewart Center, Room 214 AB.
* Oct. 28 (W) -- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. France A. Córdova Recreational Sports Center, Feature Gym (east entrance to center).
* Oct. 29 (Th) -- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Lynn Hall of Veterinary Medicine, Room 1192 East & West.
* Nov. 2 (M) -- 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Stewart Center, Room 218 ABCD.
All benefits-eligible Purdue faculty and staff -- including those who have opted out of the Purdue medical plans -- are eligible to attend these events and get a flu shot at no charge. Employees will need to bring their Purdue University ID (PUID) card or their Anthem medical plan ID card.
Spouses, same-sex domestic partners (SSDPs) and adult dependents over age 18 covered on a Purdue medical plan also are eligible to attend and receive a free flu shot. Spouses, SSDPs and adult dependents must bring their Anthem medical plan ID card to the flu shot event.
The Center for Healthy Living will be administering the Flucelvax, pre-filled syringe, trivalent. Those needing an alternative vaccine should see their provider.
"We recommend that everyone over the age of 6 months get a flu shot each year," says Dr. Carolyn Cooper, medical director at the Center for Healthy Living.
Everyone covered on a Purdue medical plan -- adults and children alike -- has the option of obtaining a free flu shot through a community provider.
Participating retail pharmacies are also an option for those who cannot attend an on-campus event. Be sure all flu shots are billed through each person's Anthem medical plan.
Employees who have questions about flu shot coverage may contact Human Resources at 49-42222 or email@example.com.