Changing Your Major
Note: This process was formerly known as Change of Degree Objective (CODO)
Students wanting to change their major to a College of Health and Human Sciences (HHS) major, add a second major or degree, or switch to another HHS major should talk to their current academic advisor and follow these steps:
Learn about your major of interest:
There are several ways to gather information about HHS majors and changing your major to one in HHS:
- Review the Major Change Requirements and Major Change Information Chart.
- Run a “What If” report in MyPurduePlan for your desired major.
- Log into MyPurdue
- Select the Academic Tab
- Select MyPurduePlan
- On the “Worksheets” Tab, Click “What If”
- Select the Level (ex. Undergraduate)
- The Degree (ex. Bachelor of Science)
- The Catalog Term (ex. Fall 2015)
- Choose the Major you are interested in
- Select the College (Health and Human Sciences)
- Select Minor, if you wish
- Click “Process What-If” tab
- Attend an HHS HHS Advising Information Meeting. Advising meetings are strongly recommended.
During the meeting, an academic advisor will review:
- the academic unit, its majors and why students select them.
- careers associated with these majors.
- the requirements and process to change your major.
- answer any remaining questions you may have about the major, opportunities
Complete the Major Change Process:
STEP 1: When you are ready to change your major, talk to your current academic advisor, and they will initiate the online major change request process.
STEP 2: Check your Purdue email regularly for messages related to your major change request, and follow all instructions therein.
STEP 3: Check myPurdue to see your new major and new advisor after a major change request has been approved.
***If you are a first-year student and you have a Presidential or Trustees scholarship, you must remain in the program (major) to which you were originally admitted for at least one full academic year. If you change programs during your first year, you will relinquish your scholarship. See important notes regarding scholarships here.
Visit Purdue Academic Advising for more information about the Purdue Changing Your Major process.
Major Change Information Chart
*This degree program is either no longer accepting applicants and/or no longer offered.
**No degree requirements are available due to the fact that this degree program is either no longer accepting applicants and/or no longer offered.