The Graduate School Advance to a Higher Degree

Office of Graduate Assistance and Conflict Resolution (OGACR)

The Office of Graduate Assistance and Conflict Resolution (OGACR) provides a safe and secure university environment for graduate students, faculty, and staff to seek information, garner advice and request assistance for the effective resolution of conflict. The office provides ombuds services, as well as facilitative mediation to help advance the academic success of all involved in graduate education, related research, and scholarly endeavors. While these services are open to all, they are most often sought by graduate students.

To request the assistance of OGACR, complete the Request for Assistance form. On the form, the requestor may specifically ask for an ombuds meeting or a pre-mediation meeting. Regardless, OGACR staff will evaluate the information provided and recommend which service may be best for the requestor.

Examples of concerns brought to an OGACR include adjusting to graduate school, relationships with major professors, conditions associated with graduate staff appointments, academic and funding difficulties, or any issue related to graduate education.

Please note that regardless of the assistance requested, university policy requires the office to report cases of alleged research misconduct (i.e., plagiarism, fabrication, and falsification within Purdue research) to the Research Integrity Office or the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research and Partnerships, if the allegations involve human and animal subject welfare, conflicts of interest, research safety, etc. Likewise, the OGACR must report situations in which students and others are in imminent risk or danger. All OGACR staffs are mandatory reporters of sexual harassment and sexual violence allegations regardless of service or assistance requested.

Ernest C. Young Hall, Room 170 | 155  S. Grant Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2114 | 765-494-2600

© Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by The Purdue University Graduate School

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact The Purdue University Graduate School.