Source: National Weather Service Winter Weather Program. Program recorded October 26, 2021.
The National Weather Service Winter Weather Program staff highlighted updates to initiatives and watch/warning efforts in regards to winter weather issues during this webinar.
This year’s webinar covered many topics, including updates to the Probabilistic Snow pages and graphics, future Impact-Based Warning tags for snow squalls, updates on an Avalanche Weather Initiative, the Winter Storm Severity Index, the experimental Winter Storm Outlook, and some regional experiments such as the Days 3-7 Winter Storm Threat and Lake Effect Snow Warning Polygon projects. The briefing also summarized the overall vision of the Winter Weather Program and the latest safety and outreach materials.
● Winter Program and Vision Overview
● Winter Key Messages
● Updated Local ProbSnow Pages/Graphics
● Eastern United States Projects
○ Days 3-7 Winter Storm Threat Product
○ Lake-Effect Snow Warning Polygons
● Impact-Based Warning tags for snow squalls
● Updates on Avalanche Weather Initiative
● Experimental Winter Storm Outlook
● Winter Storm Severity Index
● Updated Outreach Materials and Initiatives
● Detailed Winter Program Vision