Workshop Travel and Lodging- 2023 Summer
Housing (double-occupancy dorms), food and parking are covered by us for the duration of the workshop-- 9 days from May 19-28 (housing on night of May 28 is not included). Housing is provided for workshop participants at the Hawkins Residence Hall on Purdue Campus. Additional fees might apply depending on the choice of room type or length of stay. Participants who do not wish to stay in the university dorms will be responsible for arranging their own housing and correponding cost.
Housing (Room choice survey)
The cost for rooms with double occupancy is covered by us for the duration of the workshop. Participants can request to share a room with another participant they know. Both participants should email us with their requests at email@example.com as early as possible. The roommate request should include the requested roommate's name and email. We will confirm the pairing after we receive requests from both participants. Participants who don't have a requested roommate will be assigned with another participant of the same gender.
Participants can request a private room with additional cost, depending on the choice of room type. (We don't cover full cost for private rooms.)
- Single room with a shared bathroom:
- Participants need to pay: $25/night for 9 nights plus taxes = $252 in total.
- Single room with a private bathroom:
- There are a limited number of these rooms.
- Participants need to pay: $30/night for 9 nights plus taxes = $303 in total.
- Double-occupancy room:
- Participant(s) need to pay: $78.40/night including taxes.
- If your roommate also stays for extra nights, you will share the cost for a double room. Otherwise if your roommate moves out after the workshop, you will cover the room cost by yourself.
- Single room with a shared bathroom: $67.20/night including taxes.
- Single room with a private bathroom: $72.80/night including taxes.
Payment must be mailed by check and received by us before April 30, 2023. Details for payment will be emailed to you once we got your room choice.
Arriving at Purdue
Please check detailed travel information here: https://www.purdue.edu/visit/getting-here/
Air Travel - The nearest commercial airports are Indianapolis International (65 miles) and Chicago O’Hare (140 miles) and Chicago Midway (130 miles). The Purdue Airport accommodates privately owned planes.
Note: If you will take shuttles to travel from airports to Purdue, please get off at: State Street Bus Stop (South of PMU), or any stops close to PMU.
Check-in is open on Friday, May 19, 2023 at 2-5pm. Location is at Hawkins Hall main lobby. You will pick up a folder with workshop information and complete check-in procedures for your room.
- Parking for Hawkins residents are at PGGH parking lot, between Hawkins Hall and Young Hall.
- Parking for participants from Purdue or those who won't stay at Hawkins will be at the surface lot, located at the cornor of Sheetz St. and Wood St.
Meals are covered by us.
- Breakfasts and lunches will be at Krannert Parrish Library and provided by us.
- Dinners will be at Wiley Dining Court. Hawkins residents will get meal swipes in your resident card. Participants from Purdue or those who won't stay at Hawkins will swipe-in with instructors and TAs.
Travel Scholarship Reimbursement
If you have been awarded a Travel Scholarship, please be sure to keep itemized receipts to be reimbursed up to $500. Paperwork will be emailed to you with instructions to receive the reimbursement during or after the workshop.
Still Have Questions?