I2A2 has two libraries of functions designed to assist the developer of client system applications.
libpuidX -- a low level library of selected functions for handling special operations on fields and certitificates
The I2A2 PUIDCL Client Access Library -- a complete library for developing client system applications on UNIX and Windows systems.
- Authorization characteristics and macro handling
- Characteristics and macro test program
- Base 64 conversions
- External protocol error messages
- PUID display
- Sample SSL client application
- Unpacking external protocol messages
A gzip'd UNIX tar archive of the
libpuidX library is available. It has been compiled and tested on: AIX 4.3.3 and 5.1; FreeBSD 4.1, 4.6 and 5.0 (not recently
on 4.1); HP-UX 11 (64 bit), but not recently; Linux 2.4.12; NEXTSTEP 3.1; OpenBSD 3.0; and Solaris 2.6, 7, 8, and 9. There are
UNIX man pages for libpuidX.
The I2A2 PUIDCL Client Access Library The PUIDCL library was designed for building I2A2 applications on client systems. It's a C library that provides complete function support for accessing the I2A2 DBMs through their net daemon servants.
The library has been tested on: AIX 4.3.3 and 5.1; FreeBSD 4.1, 4.6, and 5 (not recently on 4.1); 32 and 64 bit IRIX (not recently); Solaris 2.6, 7, 8 and 9; Windows NT, and Windows 2000 in C, Visual C, and Visual Basic.
The PUIDCL library package includes these additional support facilities:
- There is a sample UNIX Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM) that does authentication via I2A2. The sample PAM module has been compiled on: FreeBSD 4.1, 4.6 and 5; Linux 2.4.12; Solaris 2.6, 7, 8 and 9; and Windows NT. It has been tested on FreeBSD 4.1, Solaris 8, and Windows NT.
- There is a C++ module in the PUIDCL library package that enables Win32 Visual Basic programs and Active Server Pages (ASP) to use the functions of the PUIDCL C library.(See the asp/ sub-directory.)
Investigate PUIDCL further or obtain its distribution by following these links: