Export Control Regulations
Lists of Regulated Technologies
U. S. Munitions List (USML) is a list of articles, services and related technical data designated as defense articles and defense services pursuant to the Arms Export Control Act. This designation is pursuant to the Arms Export Control Act. These articles fall under jurisdiction of the Department of State.
The 20 categories of articles on the USML are:
- Firearms, Close Assault Weapons and Combat Shotguns
- Guns and Armament
- Launch Vehicles, Guided Missiles, Ballistic Missiles, Rockets, Torpedoes, Bombs, and Mines
- Vessels of War and Special Naval Equipment
- Explosives and Energetic Materials, Propellants, Incendiary Agents, and their Constituents
- Tanks and Military Vehicles
- Aircraft and Associated Equipment
- Military Training Equipment
- Military Electronics
- Protective Personnel Equipment
- Fire Control, Range Finder, Optical and Guidance and Control Equipment
- Auxiliary Military Equipment
- Toxicological Agents, Including Chemical Agents, Biological Agents, and Associated Equipment
- Spacecraft Systems and Associated Equipment
- Nuclear Weapons, Design and Testing Related Items
- Classified Articles, Technical Data and Defense Services Not Otherwise Enumerated
- Directed Energy Weapons
- Submersible Vessels, Oceanographic and Associated Equipment
- Miscellaneous Articles
Export Control FAQ
What are U.S. Export Control Regulations?
- Export Administration Regulations
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Office of Foreign Asset Controls
- Denied Persons List
- Does the EAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What is the purpose of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)?
- Does the ITAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What are the responsibilities of the Principal Investigator conducting work that is controlled under the EAR, ITAR or OFAC regulations?
- Are there other regulations to consider?