Export Control Regulations
Restricted Persons Screening
Purdue University’s Office of Research Administration has the capacity to perform "Restricted Persons Screening". The Office of Research Administration uses this screening process for participants on projects regulated by the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
The screening process searches a number of restricted persons lists maintained by various federal agencies. These lists identify persons (individuals and companies) that have been convicted of export control violations.
The office works diligently to ensure that no one is improperly denied access to education or work.
Export Control FAQ
What are U.S. Export Control Regulations?
- Export Administration Regulations
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Office of Foreign Asset Controls
- Denied Persons List
- Does the EAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What is the purpose of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)?
- Does the ITAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What are the responsibilities of the Principal Investigator conducting work that is controlled under the EAR, ITAR or OFAC regulations?
- Are there other regulations to consider?