"Actuator Applications" provides a comprehensive overview of the actuators used in industrial fluid power systems. Actuators convert fluid power into mechanical force at the end of a fluid circuit. Fluid power actuators consist of linear actuators, rotary actuators, hydraulic motors, and pneumatic motors. Linear actuators exert linear force, while rotary actuators, hydraulic motors, and pneumatic motors exert rotary force. After taking this class, users will be familiar with the primary types and functions of fluid power actuators. An understanding of actuators helps fluid system operators handle the day-to-day operations of a fluid system.
- Describe fluid power actuators
- Describe single-acting cylinder actuators
- Describe double-acting cylinder actuators
- Describe cylinder loading issues
- Distinguish between different cylinder mounting styles
- Describe the main factors involved in cylinder selection
- Describe rotary actuators
- Describe vane actuators
- Describe rack and pinion actuators
- Describe load considerations for rotary actuators
- Describe hydraulic and pneumatic motor classifications
- Describe different types of motor torque
- Describe piston motors
- Describe vane motors
- Describe gear motors
- Describe preventive maintenance for actuators.
- Recommended for mechanical/electrical/plumbing maintenance technicians.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code