“DC Circuit Components” provides a comprehensive overview of the different parts that appear in DC circuits, including source, path, control, and load. DC power sources include batteries, generators, and piezoelectricity. The path of a circuit is made of a conductor, which has low resistance, but other materials with more resistance, such as insulators, semiconductors, and resistors, are often also used in circuits. In general, switches are used to control current, but many circuits also have safety devices, such as fuses and breakers, to protect the circuit from high current conditions. Understanding the purpose of different components is essential for working with DC circuits. After taking this class, users should have a firm grasp of many different circuit components and understand when and why they are used. This knowledge will allow them to design effective circuits and recognize potential problems with a circuit’s components.
- Identify the basic components of a DC circuit
- Describe the electromotive series
- Describe batteries
- Distinguish between primary cell and secondary cell batteries
- Describe how generators work
- Describe piezoelectricity
- Describe conductors
- Describe insulators
- Describe semiconductors
- Describe resistors
- Describe how common switches work
- Describe how fuses work
- Describe how circuit breakers work.
- Recommended for mechanical/electrical/plumbing maintenance technicians.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code