“Plasma Cutting” describes plasma cutting equipment and discusses the setup and operation steps for plasma cutting, gouging, and piercing. Plasma cutting is a precise and efficient cutting method that uses an ionized jet of gas to generate a high temperature cutting arc and can be done by hand or with the use of CNC machine. Plasma cutting is an increasingly affordable and popular method of metal cutting. Plasma cutting balances the lower cost of cutting methods such as oxyfuel with the higher quality of laser cutting methods. After this class, users will be able to define plasma cutting, identify the tools used in plasma cutting, and describe the various cutting applications and processes. Understanding the basic plasma cutting functions and processes is essential for users to make precise, accurate cuts safely and efficiently.
- Describe plasma cutting
- Describe the best safety practices for plasma cutting procedures
- Contrast the advantages and disadvantages of plasma cutting
- Describe the basic function of a plasma cutting system
- Describe the components that make up a plasma cutting torch
- Describe the types of starters used in plasma cutting systems
- Describe the gas flow control system for plasma cutting
- Describe how cutting guides are used in plasma cutting
- Describe how to set up for a plasma cutting operation
- Describe the steps involved in manual plasma cutting
- Describe plasma gouging
- Describe plasma piercing
- Explain basic troublehooting procedures for plasma cutting
- Describe the mechanized plasma cutting process.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel, including engineers, technicians and managers, particularly handling welding operations.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code