"Introduction to FCAW" provides a comprehensive overview of the flux-cored arc welding (FCAW) process and its equipment. FCAW is a semi-automatic or automatic process that is divided into self-shielded flux-cored arc welding (FCAW-S) and gas-shielded flux-cored arc welding (FCAW-G). Both FCAW-S and FCAW-G use a consumable, tubular electrode that is filled with flux-materials. FCAW equipment includes a constant voltage power source, wire electrode, wire feeder, welding gun, and, if appropriate, a shielding gas. Understanding the basic theory and process of FCAW is essential to using it successfully. After taking this class, users will be familiar with FCAW equipment and be able to distinguish between different methods and materials. Users will also be able to identify the performance characteristics, operating requirements, and finished weld properties of FCAW electrodes. This information provides the foundation necessary to perform FCAW successfully and safely.
- Describe arc welding
- Define flux-cored arc welding
- Describe self-shielded FCAW
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of FCAW-S
- Describe gas-shielded FCAW
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of FCAW-G
- Describe FCAW electrodes
- Identify the AWS classification of FCAW electrodes
- Identify the purposes an FCAW electrode's flux material serve
- Describe storage and handling considerations for FCAW electrodes
- Identify common equipment used in flux-cored arc welding
- Describe the characteristics of self-shielded FCAW guns
- Describe the characteristics of gas-shielded FCAW guns
- Describe constant voltage
- Describe polarity and its effects on FCAW welding
- List the categories of power sources appropriate for use in FCAW processes
- Identify the safety precautions that should be observed during flux-cored arc welding.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel, including engineers, technicians and managers, particularly handling welding operations.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code