“Control Panel Functions for the CNC Mill” explains how operators use the machine and control panel functions to operate a CNC mill. Operators use the handle and jog mode to move mill axes incrementally or steadily. MDI mode executes isolated lines of programming and memory mode selects and edits existing programs. Before running a program, an operator may choose to execute the program in single block mode to prove it out or select the optional stop or block delete functions. The cycle start button starts the program. Once a program is running, the operator can use the machine control unit to adjust speed and feed with an override. To use a CNC mill, an operator needs to know how to perform important operations using machine panel functions to move machine components and control panel functions to execute programming codes. After taking this class, users should be able to explain the purpose of frequently used controls on the control panel of a CNC mill.
- Describe the responsibilities of the CNC mill operator
- Distinguish between machine operations and control panel functions on a CNC mill
- Describe the function of a CNC mill control display
- Distinguish between machine operations and CNC control panel functions on a CNC mill
- Describe the function of the basic CNC mill controls
- Identify the operational modes on a CNC mill
- Describe the manual control modes on a CNC mill
- Distinguish between pulse handle and jog modes on a CNC mill
- Describe the function of MDI mode on a CNC mill
- Describe the function of single block mode on a CNC mill
- Identify the types of overrides on a CNC mill
- Describe the use of overrides on a CNC mill
- Describe manual operations for coolant on a CNC mill
- Describe the role of the CNC mill operator in optional stop and block delete
- Describe manual operations for loading tools on an ATC
- Describe manual operations for the chip conveyor on a CNC mill
- Describe proving out on a CNC mill.
- Recommended for all manufacturing personnel operating CNC machines.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code