This class identifies common specifications of CNC lathes and describes the various features and options available on different machines.
- Distinguish among mill specifications, features, and options
- Distinguish between specifications that describe the interior of a lathe
- Distinguish among interior lathe specifications
- Describe the importance of spindle speed for a lathe
- Describe the relationship between horsepower and torque
- Distinguish between a vertical and horizontal lathe
- Describe the importance of rapid axis travels and thrust
- Distinguish among lathe tool specifications
- Describe the relationships among accuracy, positioning, and repeatability
- Distinguish among a lathe's coolant specifications
- Explain machine dimensions
- Identify lathe features that directly affect machining capability
- Identify lathe features that directly affect the complexity of parts
- Identify lathe features that directly improve workpiece handling
- Identify lathe features that directly improve the use and maintenance of cutting tools
- Identify lathe options that directly improve job setup and quality control.
- Recommended for all manufacturing personnel operating CNC machines.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code