The class "Surface Grinder Operation" provides step-by-step guidelines on how to grind a rectangular workpiece from wheel dressing and other preparatory steps to roughing and finishing passes. Workpiece sides are numbered from 1 to 6 in order to track which sides must be ground perpendicular or parallel to one another. Some workpieces require special considerations, such as mounting on an angle plate or grinding at an angle. In order to perform successful surface grinding operations, operators must have a solid foundational knowledge of proper grinding methods. This class provides the practical steps and considerations for surface grinding a part from start to finish, which gives operators an understanding of grinding before ever turning on the machine. This will speed up the time it takes for new operators to learn surface grinding, and reduce user errors.
- Describe surface grinding
- Describe basic surface grinding machines
- Identify the essential components of the HSRT surface grinding machine
- Describe the basic process of grinding a square or rectangular workpiece
- Describe the relationship between the sides of a square or rectangular workpiece
- Describe preparations for roughing a workpiece
- Describe roughing a flat surface of a square or rectangular workpiece
- Describe grinding parallel surfaces of a workpiece
- Describe grinding perpendicular surfaces of a workpiece
- Describe finishing a square or rectangular workpiece
- Describe grinding flat surfaces at different angles.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel handling surface/cylindrical/centreless grinding equipment etc.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code