“Setup for the Centerless Grinder” explains how to set up a centerless grinder for typical outer diameter (OD) operations including setup for the work rest blade and regulating wheel angle of inclination, as well as the methods for selecting and mounting a grinding wheel. The class also explains the proper truing and dressing procedure for both the grinding and regulating wheel. Centerless grinding results in close tolerances but only if the machine is properly set up for the operation. After taking this class, users will be able to describe the steps required to set up a centerless grinder for routine OD grinding of a cylindrical part.
- Describe centerless grinder setup
- Describe work rest blade selection
- Describe the regulating wheel angle of inclination
- Describe the relationship between regulating wheel speed, angle of inclination, and workpiece feed rate
- Describe factors that assist in selecting an appropriate grinding wheel
- Identify grinding wheel imbalance
- Describe various balancing methods
- Explain how to mount the grinding wheel
- Describe the process of dressing and truing a grinding wheel
- Describe the truing angle for the regulating wheel
- Describe offsetting the dresser for truing a regulating wheel.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel handling surface/cylindrical/centreless grinding equipment etc.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code