The class "Basics of the Surface Grinder" provides an overview of the components, considerations, and varieties of the surface grinding machine, which are classified by their table types and spindle orientations, and vary in levels of automation. Wheels, workholding devices, and coolant also vary based on the workpiece and grinding operation. Surface grinding is a common operation and is performed when very tight tolerances and surface finishes are required. A surface grinder operator must be familiar with the machine itself, as well as how to select and utilize wheels, workholding, and coolant, in order for the grinding operation to be successful. This foundational knowledge is necessary to reduce scrap, increase quality and production rates, and lower costs.
- Describe grinding
- Define surface grinding
- Describe the surface grinding process
- Identify the structural components of the surface grinding machine
- Distinguish between reciprocating and rotary tables
- Distinguish between vertical and horizontal spindles
- Describe the effects of different table and spindle orientations
- Describe the differences in operation between manual and CNC grinders
- Describe the structure and function of a double column surface grinding machine
- Describe the structure and function of profile surface grinding machines
- Describe grinding variables
- Describe the creep feed grinding process
- Identify the basic wheel shapes
- Define "dressing" and "truing
- " Describe the setup and purpose of coolant on the surface grinding machine
- Describe common workholding devices used on the surface grinding machine
- Describe common workholding fixtures used on the surface grinding machine
- Describe the operation of various surface grinder workholding devices.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel handling surface/cylindrical/centreless grinding equipment etc.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code