Manufacturers inspect threads according to unified or ISO standards or using System 21, System 22, and System 23. Several features must be checked to make sure that threads meet specifications. Gaging inspection tools, or go/no-go gages, simply determine whether or not a part will fit. Variable thread inspection tools determine whether a thread falls within a specified tolerance range. Thread type and specifications affect the tools used to inspect threads. Understanding the various components and classifications used to identify threads is critical for accurate inspection. After the class, the user will be able to explain how to measure common threaded features with internal and external thread gages and verify the features are within tolerance.
- Define thread
- Identify the basic parts of a thread. Identify the measured parts of a thread
- Distinguish among different thread forms
- Identify the common values needed to determine the travel distance of a thread
- Identify the parts of a standard unified thread specification
- Identify the parts of a standard metric thread specification
- Distinguish among the requirements of System 21, System 22, and System 23
- Explain the advantages of visually inspecting threads before using inspection tools
- Describe the characteristics of gaging inspection tools
- Describe the disadvantages of using a mating part as a gage
- Describe how to inspect threads using a screw pitch gage
- Describe how to inspect threads using a thread ring gage
- Describe how to inspect threads using a thread plug gage
- Describe how to inspect threads using a thread snap gage
- Describe the characteristics of variable inspection tools
- Describe how to inspect threads using a metal rule
- Describe the differences between using the three types of indicating thread gages.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel, particularly for the quality control and inspection department.
New Applicants,1st level Supervisors, Operations teams
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code