A precision machine is an integrated system that relies on the attributes of one component to augment the weakness of another component. In this course, emphasis is placed on the design of mechanical and structural precision machine components and their integration with sensor and control systems to maximize performance. In the discussion of the design of components and assemblies, emphasis is placed on how the design will affect overall accuracy, repeatability, and resolution of the machine.
- Apply the principles of accuracy, repeatability and resolution
- Learn error budgeting
- Examine sensors and control systems
- Examine structures and damping
- Study precision bearings: selection and mountings
- Study precision actuators: selection and mountings
- Learn to use spreadsheets as first-order analysis tools.
- Recommended for manufacturing engineers, machine tool design engineers, and others involved in machine design.
New Applicants, operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code