This course combines learnings from the real-world experience of business leaders with analysis and practical applications. These leaders,who have developed and led social innovation efforts, share the theories, strategies, and management frameworks that are drivingnew models for business engagement in society. You will learn from firsthand accounts and interaction with key executives who’ve led social innovation initiatives. They hail from leading organizations and brands including, Campbell’s, Dunkin Brands, Verizon, Salesforce.com, FIFCO, Barclays and more.
- A clear understanding of the multiple ways in which organizations create both social and economic value in a world where the purpose of business is being challenged and redefined
- The practical steps and hands-on skills to integrate social issues into business strategies, programs, and organizations through real-world examples and interviews with company leaders who have led social innovation initiatives
- How and why corporate engagement in society has evolved – from philanthropy to Corporate Social Responsibility to Social Innovation – and how it is driving today’s companies to develop new strategies to create both economic and social value
- About the leadership and entrepreneurial skills and competencies needed to develop and lead social innovation initiatives, including developing strategic focus, building organizational capacity, engaging stakeholders, measurement tools and driving innovation
- Babson’s methodology of Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® and tools to help you take immediate action in your organization.
- Recommended for the working professional who wants to apply entrepreneurial thinking and methodology within their current organization or toward a new venture.
Leadership, Change leaders
Method of Delivery
Certification is paid for $ 199.00 ; Full financial aid available for certification