Learn fundamental concepts for logistics and supply chain management from both analytical and practical perspectives – part of the MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management. The material is taught from a managerial perspective, with an emphasis on where and how specific tools can be used to improve the overall performance and reduce the total cost of a supply chain. The main topic areas we will focus on this course are: Demand Forecasting, Planning, and Management; Inventory Planning, Management, and Control & Transportation Planning, Management, and Execution.
- Incorporate and manage uncertainty and risk within supply chain management
- Segment different customers, products, and channels and design an optimal portfolio of logistics approaches and strategies for these various segments
- Identify, design, and implement the appropriate forecasting methodology for each segment
- Identify, design, and implement the appropriate inventory replenishment policy for each segment
- Select the optimal transportation routing and modal choice for each segment.
- Recommended for professionals in the Manufacturing field: in a process improvement role handling operations & logistics / preparing for an operations mangement career / currently holding a senior management position.
New Applicants, Operations teams, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
Certification is paid for $ 299.00 ; Full financial aid available for certification